Thursday, August 9, 2007

CRISPIE-LANCHE!


So in a moment of genius, I decided to put the cereal on the stairs. I've run out of room everywhere else. What I didn't know was that Rice Crispies are afraid of heights, and promptly threw themselves to ground cover.

I was stunned/amazed/laughing/about to weep when the Adorable Child came over and said "Oh dear. well, don't worry, messes happen sometimes don't they mummy!" and then ran off shouting "I've got a plan!" over his shoulder.

This was the plan.
Hands and some considerable consumption first.

Then his broom to push the crispies into the box.


And then he got very technological, and finished off most of the rest!

What did this tell me?

1) He knows that it's ok to make a mess sometimes, and sometimes it just happens.

2)He knows that no-one shouts when messes are made.

3)He knows that a plan to help clear up is a good idea.

4)He knows that different tools are good for different parts of the same job.

5)He knows you can eat the ones on the top.....

6)He knows that helping to tidy is the kind thing to do.


I'm pretty happy with that to be honest. He was so sweet, kind and helpful.

I love him.