Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Lion or Gazelle?

Every morning in Africa, a Gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning a Lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest Gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn't matter whether you are a Lion or a Gazelle... when the sun comes up, you'd better be running.

And that's how today feels lol!

Part of me feels like the lion - strong, slightly predatory, always happy to eat then sleep, but working hard to keep the pride together and fed, happy with my cub at home, happy with my pride of cubs at school.

Part of me feels like the gazelle - fast, slim, athletic, content to meander until there's a problem and then running like the hounds of hell are on me.

Some days I'm more one than the other I suppose!

I know today I'm sleepy. R came to bed late as he's starting and finishing late today, and potentially all this week. He's fine about it, and I'll just make food that can be ready whenever he turns up here. I think tonight we are down for chicken curry and rice. Nummy! He made me laugh the other day, when we were talking about food, and he was saying he's not into complicated food, he thought he was a fast food person, or a from the freezer person (speed over taste and effort!) but it turns out he's just a "good home cooking and lots of it" person! Which is good, says he, as that's what he gets.

And that's what I do. Basic home cooking. Nothing over fancy, and usually only the meat from the freezer as I can't get to a butcher every day. If I could, I would!

Today is espresso man in, which is good. That's my afternoon sorted out anyway. This morning is numeracy (symmetry) literacy (Acrostic poetry) and Topic (geography). It's all good!

In other news, I had some lovely photos from the He-Ex of when he and the AC went to the Tank Museum at the weekend. It was the one we were planning to go to lol, but that's fine, AC says he'll take us there to see it some day and he knows about the tanks so he can just show us round like a guide. It was great to get the photos though, and see what he's up to when he's not with me. He talked me through the photos and I emailed his father to thank him for them. It's just a little thing that makes a bizarre-at-times life easier!

And the AC has plans for the holidays already!


No comments: