Friday, June 26, 2009

Round 3 begins...

....

Round one was my neck.
Round two was my back.
The place of battle for round three is apparently, my face. This morning I have 2 on my face.

Actually, that is good, that makes things easier. I can see when these have done the scabbing thing, rather than doing what I did yesterday and putting my shoulder out by trying to see the ones on my back.

Other than that, life is good.

Except for 1 thing.

I have done the good mummy thing and it stinks. Utterly stinks. I phoned the He-Ex yesterday and asked if he would like to have the AC for the whole weekend, instead of bringing him back on Saturday evening, because at the end of the day, I can't take him anywhere, he would just be stuck inside the house all day with me, which would end up in too much Electronic Babysitter (as the tv is known in our house!) if I was feeling too bad, and that's not good for any child. Which is better? That he's stuck home with me just to keep me company or that he's out with his father having a good time?

So I phoned, and yeah, he's staying over 2 nights. It's good that he gets to spend time with his father - at some point the chap will get a proper job, or in fact, any job, and they will see less of each other. It makes sense for them to see more of each other now.

Which leads us to the holidays.

Usually in the holidays AC stays over at his fathers Friday night as usual, and Tuesday night as an extra. He-Ex is proposing that we put the nights together. He wanted Thursday Friday come home Saturday. I've thought about it, and no.

I will suggest Monday Tuesday Wednesday as an alternative, and just for this summer holiday. That way they'll get a cheap deal camping somewhere, and we'll get whole weekends with the AC, which would be marvellous.

I don't think, unless a person has been in this position, that anyone can understand the pain and frustration of having to have your child away from you. Obviously, no-one can understand it like R, who lives with it day in, day out. AC has never stayed anywhere that wasn't with us or with his father. That's part of our parenting style. But AC is getting bigger and there will be sleepovers and so on, and that's cool, when he's a lot bigger.

So yeah. Made the best decision for the child, but hate it for myself. I love my child. Why would I want him away from me?

Only The Plague could make me do it.....

No comments: