Sunday, March 28, 2010

If I was....

I stole this from the fabulous blog  knitting the wind.

If I were a month, I'd be January, my birth month, cold and dark but just waiting for a touch to light the fire and be warm and comforting.  I'd be children skipping school for snow days.

If I were a day, I'd be Saturday morning, a whole day ahead of me to do with as I will.


If I were a time of day, I'd be early morning, for a day pregnant with possibilities.

If I were a font, I'd be Garamond.  Ordinary, with a little bit of something about it.


If I were a sea animal, I'd be a whale.  Slow, silent, singing my sad song, I would wander the massive world under the sea, waiting and looking.


If I were a direction, I'd be up.  Struggling to be up, but I won't be down.


If I were a piece of furniture, I'd be a chaise longue.  Comfortable, versitile, sleep on me, lean on me, read on me.

If I were a liquid, I'd be tea.  Sweet, strong tea, holding the world together.


If I were a gemstone, I'd be a white opal, clear, bright, with hidden sparkling depths.


If I were a tree, I'd be a lime.  Tall and shady


If I were a tool, I'd be a socket set, able to be turned to anything.


If I were a flower, I'd be lavender, or rosemary, never forgetting, always loving.


If I were an element of weather, I'd be soft morning rain, cleansing the earth, leaving it smelling fresh for the day.


If I were a musical instrument, I'd be a cello.  Soaring notes, rhythmic bass,


If I were a colour, I'd be the hazel of my sons eyes.


If I were an emotion, I'd be peace and calm.


If I were a fruit, I'd be a banana.  Sustaining, very good for you, and ever so slightly rude.


If I were a sound, I'd be singing in the shower.


If I were an element, I'd be water.  Life giving, adaptable


If I were a car, I'd be a series 3 landrover.  Exmilitary...


If I were a food, I'd be something soft, like table cream.


If I were a place, I'd be here. 


If I were material, I'd be velvet.  Rich, opulent, but serviceable in so many ways.


If I were a taste, I'd be the first sip of cranberry juice into a nighttime mouth.


If I were a body part, I'd be where the neck meets the shoulder, ripe for kisses.


If I were a song, I'd be Send in the Clowns, by Smokey Robinson.


If I were a bird, I'd be a phoenix.  And I will be.


If I were a gift, I'd be a rainbow, existing for a little boy to know that he is loved.

If I were a city, I'd be Derby.  Cultural, still fighting, full of difference and change.

If I were a door, I'd be open.


If I were a pair of shoes, I'd be steel toecapped boots.


If I were a poem,  I'd be "Warning" by Jenny Joseph .
Or I'm gonna be an engineer, by Peggy Seeger.

1 comment:

sarah said...

Neat! I borrowed your previous meme too and might do it myself tomorrow :-) Sorry about the elephant.