Friday, February 27, 2009

Beer, crisps and nurophen

Ok, after all my talk of holistic stuff and wanting to get homeopathic stuff, we didn't get into town, so I'm having a beer, eating smoky bacon crisps, and I've taken 2 neurophen. It's working.

By the end of today I was stiff in both shoulders, although my neck was fine, and my stomach had blown. It always does when I am in pain type pain, as at a certain level of pain I start to feel sick. A certain more level and I will be sick. It's fine, it's just the way my body is. *shrug* It's rare that I get to the being sick stage - although when I had the AC I was sick every 30 minutes, all the way through the 20 hours. I don't do pain like that. Aches I can do. Aching is easy. Actual pain, and bleugh. It's not pretty. But the beauty of knowing what your body is likely to do, is that I know where I need to be, so if the pain gets worse I will just take a duvet and a good book into the bathroom, tie my hair back, and wait. It's all good. In a sick kind of way.

Right now my stomach is too big for my size 14 fat joggers. It'll go, because it's just a reaction to the pain, but it is HUGE! I look pregnant! (I'm not though!)

I also managed to *really* annoy my children today. Every now and again I have to remind my children who is boss. And it's me. They are the pack, I am the Alpha female. Pretty much, I let them sort out their own pack order, ensuring that noone gets hurt, physically or mentally on the way. I love them, care for them, guide them and nurture them, but at the end of the day, I am not going to be there at the weekends, at the holidays, at the end of the year, so they have to be able to stand without me. I will always have their backs, because that's my job - but I also have their best interests at heart and that means that I have to teach them right from wrong. That's as much my job as teaching them that 2+2=4. So today, after 2 days of warning about their noise levels, their work attitudes, and their manners, they got back to the classroom after lunch to find that I had changed their desks to straight lines, right across the classroom, no fussing, no talking, and if you get to me any more I will sit you boy/girl/boy/girl, which, at 7/8/9 years old is the biggest threat I can give them lol! They settled in. They read, in silence through their reading session. They went to the library, lining up with the minimum of noise, even though I hadn't reminded them. They were polite and well mannered in the library, and came back, got on with handwriting and then went into assembly with no fuss and by this point they knew I wasn't cross, just being firm, and that no one was in major trouble. We shared a few jokes and did some Show and Tell and life was good.

The best way to judge their mood though, is with the "Good afternoon my children."

Today was "Good afternoon Queen C********, Good afternoon Prince H********, Good afternoon Royal Subjects."

If they leave with a joke like that, then they understand, and it's all good. If it had been Miss C, Mr H, children, then we'd have had to have a chat and sort a few things out.

They are good children, gorgeous people in the making. I'm lucky to have them. All 31 of them.

No comments: