Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Wednesday

Usually, I quite like WEdnesdays.  There's nothing wrong with today's Wednesday, it's just me.

I refuse to be beaten by this though.  I refuse to give in to this weakness, this malaise.  I refuse to roll over and let it ruin the life of my beautiful child.

I refuse.

Therefore I am uploading Tom Jones "Reload" album, which is great, and I love it.  Rich and I love this kind of music and had it in the car sometimes.

We love music, he and I.

One night, we went to the Airman's ball.  He said if the She-Ex could find a sitter, we'd all go, but she couldn't, so it was just he and I.  He was living in the block then.  There was a tribute act on, Bon Jovi tribute act, and I remember sitting with him, singing so loudly together, (and so badly!) that we were hoarse the next day.  It was an excellent evening.  He walked me home afterwards - he always did, he was such a gentleman - and we sat in my front room, drinking tea and laughing about The Girl With The Huge Chest and other things that made *us* laugh.  It was the first time in a long time I'd let go, and he saw that, and he loved me for it.  We were just friends then - you'd hardly invite the wife out if you were going out with a mistress lol - but he loved me all the same, and I loved him.  He saw the person I should be, and I saw the person he should be. He stayed until early in the morning, and we talked and talked and talked.  He wanted her to come - but said later that he knew it was over when she couldn't be bothered to find a sitter.  I had nothing to say about that.  What could I say?  But he kept trying, right until she left, and I applaud and love him even more for that.

I'm glad we ended up together though.  He was so much fun to be with.  We had our dark times, but we had a lot of fun.

Wednesdays were often fun.  He often finished early, and AC is at his fathers.  I think that's all I need to say about that ;-)

1 comment: