Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Good day.

The highlights of today.

1) Tidied loads of the house whilst waiting for Chris to get here. It was so great to see him - he's not the 18yr old rugby player he once was, but the twinkle is still there. He's a lovely lovely chap.

2) Lovely lunch and walk and coffee in the park (well, I had tea) with Chris.

3) Dr A's appointment went really well. He-Ex had brought his chart of AC's temperatures during the day and when he had had nurofen, and how his temperature hadn't dropped. Dr A informed him that was because he had given AC nurofen, not paracetamol. Dr A turned the AC almost inside out and said that in his opinion, this wasn't croup. Ok, what is it? He had a temp of 38.9, obliged by coughing for the doc, a lot, and the doc said he thought it was an infection of his trachea (more info here) and prescribed a basic antibiotic but said if we had any concerns. if he worsened, if his breathing was odd in anyway, get him back or to A&E in a hurry. And he wants to see him next week on Thursday. Dr A also thought that the middle-of-the-night doc had over prescribed the steroid for the AC, even if it was the right thing to give him, which in Dr A's opinion, it wasn't. Dr A and I went through what I've been doing with him, and he said that I've been doing all I can to get his temperature down, that he's happy that we don't give AC anything until he goes over 38.5, that's a good plan, that what we do to help the cough is the right thing, and basically we had done all we could for him. That was nice to hear. (I'm not sure He-Ex was too pleased though!)

4) Crablady came to get the computers that CP had left here to take them to PJ in Norwich to be recycled into working machines. I'm calling her Crablady, because I think she deserves a name as I think (and hope) we'll be seeing a lot more of her. She's lovely. She thinks Dave is gorgeous.

5) Dave has moulted again, and now he's a serious size! LOL. There's more to come though I think - it should be every 6-8 weeks, so he is right on schedule.

6) AC is in bed, coughing a little bit, having had his medicine around 5.30. 3 doses a day, 5 days. Paracetamol took his temperature right down, which was fantastic, and he perked right up and was reluctant to go to bed! HURRAY!

7) Random phonecalls and messages from the She-Ex who is being very nice. Do I go with it? I want to, but we've been here before. :-( I just don't know. She wanted us to send her the pictures of BG at the zoo as her phone is broken and she can't get the pictures off. I told her we'd had 6 pictures of the BG all year, and the only on of her at the zoo was of the back of her head. I asked her straight if there were more, and yep, there were. She just didn't send them to us. Like I said. I don't know.

Snuggling on the sofa time at 9. Eleventh hour is on. I think.

No comments: