Thursday, April 23, 2009

It's later on.

Really, it is.

I've done my work for the evening. I've created a 60 page flipchart (think powerpoint but child friendly - if you are really interested, look here) and before anyone faints in a "Death by Powerpoint" kind of way, it's to last the whole day, and about 24 of those slides are brain gym ones, of which 12 have a specific vestibular focus for JF, and the rest are just what we are doing in our lessons.

I'm enjoying having everything mapped out. The children are enjoying having everything mapped out. We both like knowing what we are doing, but, and here's the big thing, if we decide to change our minds, we just go to the end of the flipchart, stick on another blank screen, and away we go! We're good like that.

I have also fed all the animals, fielded calls about the town race and How It Will Affect Church on Sunday, completed the notices to print at school tomorrow, (yes, school do know!) eaten toast for tea, and thought about doing lots of other stuff.

And had a long, long conversation with my dad, that in many ways was really quite upsetting. He wasn't trying to upset me. He wouldn't. We have a good relationship, and we love each other a lot, but I know, and I fight it when I see it in me, I know that he is as egocentric as they come. The world revolves around my Dad, in his eyes, and it's not because he makes it do so, he is just determined to do his things, his way. No one has ever felt like he does, and the feelings induced in him by other people are stronger than anything anyone else has ever had.

That and the fact he seems to think that Grandad is still around. To be honest, I wouldn't put it past Grandad. His death would heave been seen, by him, as something of a minor annoyance, but as we talked about tonight, it was fitting that he died on Ascension Sunday, as he had such a mighty faith, without being pushy, had such a wonderful attitude and pride in himself (without arrogance) that he would be straight to Heaven. Me, I have faith that the love of God and the Grace of He who died will allow me in. I also expect my Grandad felt the same way, he was nothing if not humble.

But yeah, Dad seems to be thinking that he still feels Grandad around, which is fine.

But now I'm sleepy.

I'll finish this tomorrow, rather than think too much tonight.

I've emailed the She-Ex to say thankyou, but there is no reply to that or the email I sent about the money as yet. I'm waiting on a reply from her teacher as well, for R to see when he gets in. And the He-Ex has stopped texting.

I shall transcribe tomorrow I expect.

night ngiht all!

No comments: