Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Post 300 and.....

... and I'm writing reports.

I have not a lot pithy and original to say.

I wasn't writing on here 2 years ago.
I was in an hiatus 1 year ago.

Here I am now.

Isn't that what matters though? Where we are now?

When R and I weren't together as a couple, we were together a lot. And one of the songs that made me think of us, was "Help me make it through the night" I had a Tom Jones version, but it was originally Kris Kristoffersen (sp!) Lyrics as below.

Take the ribbon from your hair, Shake it loose and let it fall,
Lay it soft upon my skin. Like the shadows on the wall.

Come and lay down by my side till the early morning light
All I'm takin' is your time. Help me make it through the night.

I don't care what's right or wrong, I won't try to understand.
Let the devil take tomorrow Lord tonight I need a friend.

Yesterday is dead and gone and tomorrow's out of sight
And it's sad to be alone. Help me make it through the night.

I don't care what's right or wrong,I won't try to understand.
Let the devil take tomorrow Lord tonight I need a friend.

Yesterday is dead and gone and tomorrow's out of sight
And it's sad to be alone. Help me make it through the night.

I don't wanna be alone. Help me make it through the night.

And that was how it was. We were just there to make it through another night of heartache and confusion. I made the tea and toast. He ate it. We stared at the tv, curled in our own thoughts, or we talked and talked and talked, sat outside in the dark whilst he smoked. We just were together, in a way we had never been with our old partners, or at least not for the longest time. We listened to each other, because we were never the ones being listened to before. We loved and cared and shared and opened up in the ways we had to, to be totally one with the other, and to make it through the night. There was no need for martyrdom, nor for exaggeration and pretense, no need for stories and lies, there was just us, with the naked truth, (though not the naked bodies as some would have the world believe!) and cups of tea.

And that paragraph appeared from nowhere. I had intended to write about 2 lines of the song.

"Yesterday is dead and gone, and tomorrows out of sight" from the point of view of the blog purpose, but I think I won't now.

Right now, I'm just glad we made it through the dark night together, and held hands to meet the sunshine.

No comments: