Monday, May 4, 2009

Surprise me!

Wow.

R said on Friday that we were going out at some point over the weekend and it was a surprise. He wouldn't tell me where we were going.

I asked.

He wouldn't.

I asked the AC to ask. The AC refused to ask, on the grounds it was a surprise.

Sunday we went to see my brother and the adorable family. We were late back. The AC wasn't asleep until 8.30pm.

He was still up around 6.30 today though, and so he and I pottered around for a while. I wasn't sure what time we needed to leave, whether we needed a picnic, all those things that women think about when going out.

And no.

He got up around 9. We left around 1030, we drove, and drove until he said "We are taking the long way because the traffic was so bad." Ah ha! which means we're going....... not anywhere around here then.

Suddenly, there we were! HERE!

Yes.

Now to be fair, I am not expecting the Dear Reader to be as excited about going to the Norfolk Vintage Tractor and Engine Club Stradsett Rally as I was. But I was. I loved it. The AC loved it. R enjoyed it, and as there was Landy's we all loved that bit.

But the ENGINES! The little ones! The belt drivers! The pump drivers! The little puffing ones that I didn't know what they did but they were cool anyway. The sawing ones!

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll finish this and post the photos later.

No comments: