Monday, September 14, 2009

The countdown begins

The countdown, that is, to the "thing-at-the-end-of-the-week"

This time next week, it will all be over. Ru has offered to come with me, and I think I might take him up on that, but I'm not sure about coming back - he can't afford to take a day of work just to hold my hand to do something! And there is every chance that it will be fine.

I want it to be fine.
I want it to be something to remember.

For the right reasons....

In other news, I did 4 hours work last night and then didn't get up early enough to do work this morning, so some winging it will be required, but it'll be ok. Mondays are deliberately a fairly easy day.

Numeracy, Literacy, PE, ICT, Reading, Assembly, Hometime.

I can do this. This first week is done. It's just routine from here on in. A different routine. One that doesn't involve me sharing my life with the man I love and who loves me. No calling him to get up and watching his sleepy body appear from the duvet.... and knowing why he's so sleepy ;-) No making his sandwiches and leaving notes in there to tell him I love him. No hugs of thankyou for his clean uniform - even though he didn't have to hug me thankyou for it, he showed his appreciation of the little things I did. No kisses before he leaves, thermal mug in one hand, rucksack in the other.

What a dull world I live in now. The glitter has gone from the edges of the simplest things.

And so, the countdown begins.

No comments: