Thursday, April 26, 2012

100 Word Challenge wk 39

The 100wordchallengeforgrouwnups week 39 is up.  It made me think about my after school times...


The prompt was ….I’m exhausted. Shut the door behind you….


Here's mine, check out some other peoples as well!



It’s 3:15 my poppets.  Home time! Got everything? Good.

Jason, you’re back.  What do you need?  Your reading book is in the yellow box.  Yes, good night.

Ryan? No, your lunchbox was left in the playground.  Try looking in lost property. Yes, off you go.

Mrs Newson.  She’s come out with nits?  She came in with nits Mrs Newson, and now we all have them.  Off you go.

Antonia. Now what? You can’t find your Moshi Monster.  Why was it even in school?  No, toys are not show and tell.  Look in the morning.  Off you go!

I am exhausted.  Shut the door behind you…

Yes, headteacher?

8 comments:

Michelle Reeves - Bod for tea said...

Just brilliant! I love how the dialogue tells the whole story. It reminds me of Joyce Grenfell actually, and made me laugh just like she does :D

Sandra Crook said...

This really made me smile, particularly the line about 'nits'. A really good take on the prompt and I enjoyed it. Well done.

Sally-Jayne said...

Love it - so true to life!

Adventures of a Middle-aged Matron said...

Ooh, you've just described me perfectly!!

Anna said...

Ha ha, this could be one of my days :-)

Anonymous said...

That is exactly what goes on at the end of the schoolday! I know from personal experience! You captured it in 100 words.

jfb57 said...

Brilliant! I could hear Joyce Grenville!

Gilly said...

Totally convincing, I can picture it all!