Sunday, June 21, 2009

Ok, I'm ticked,

I got up to this.

"bg drew a picture.

she wants to say "Happy Fathers Day"

I would like to set up a video chat with them

what time is acceptable for you, Your Royal Highness?"

So I'm done with the childishness for now. I've told her that as soon as today is over I am not emailing her again unless it's about BG's reading, which it won't be, because she isn't doing the work anyway.

No "Thankyou for getting the gifts for BG."
No "Thankyou for trying to get a card sorted out for BG."
No "Thankyou for emailing BG the pictures, she likes x,y, or z)
No "Thankyou for helping her with her reading."
No, nothing like that.

So, I'm done. Anything she needs doing will have to go through R, and as he's going away towards the end of the month, that won't be a lot. Tough. I'll let him know what's going on when he gets up, not because I want him to do anything about it, but because he needs to know why he will have to sort out the video chat email.

Inside me, I know it's because she feels inferior about not being able to get things done, and that she thinks this is me being "perfect", just as she has done before, but really, she needs to grow up. I am not going to pander to her feelings. She created this. So I wasn't rude to her, which tbh after 3 hours sleep I felt like being, because I have control over my fingers when they type lol! I pity the woman, because to be this childish at her age, is just plan sad. And it's the example she's showing BG. (Just as that level of understanding of punctuation is the example she's showing BG!)

We do our best, but I doubt BG saw the pictures I took last night, I doubt BG has seen the blog in months, I doubt that BG is encouraged to be part of our lives at all. This is a prime example of that.

I'll get over it, I'm sure, because I'm not so petty as to hold this kind of grudge. But it'll take a while, and until then, if R doesn't or can't do it because he's away, it's not getting done. I don't need to be spoken to like this by someone like her! I don't want to speak to her in the way she'd like me to speak to her, because it would lower me to her level, and I don't want that. I'm better than that. She's better than that if she puts some effort in. BG is so much better than that, worth so much more than that!

Children first. It's always been our motto, and rarely has it been hers.

No comments: