Friday, March 20, 2009

Avatars and stuff.

I have a wiiiiiiiiiiide range of avatars. I like them! In a way that I never enjoyed dolls when I was a girl, I love changing the clothes on the avatar to suit my mood, changing the backgrounds to reflect what I feel or where I'd like to be.

Today's Yahoo avatar (which you can't see Dear Reader, because I haven't worked out how to do that yet!) is in the woods, with waistlength brown hair, black jeans and a black jumper. It's sunset in the woods, and she's looking all serene.

Yesterdays was wearing shorts and halter top set with a cushion that said "I love you" on it. Because I do. And I'm not sorry for it lol!

I like looking at other peoples avatars and wondering whether they are an accurate reflection of themselves. In some ways I think I'd rather see an avatar than a picture. It's not because I don't like my body or whatever (hey, what's not to like lol!) just because I like the anonimity of t'interweb. After all, if I wanted real people, I'd go out more often! I like vicariously living in other people's lives, learning about people without having to try and do small talk, which I feel I am no good at. R tells me that I am good at people, but I'm not so sure. We're looking forward to a quiet weekend this weekend, not going anywhere (well, maybe Pets at Home and Tesco!) and probably not doing very much. We'll take the boy to the park and sit and have a coffee and watch him play. We'll end up playing as well if the park isn't too busy mind you!

In other news, well, there is none really! Still no Fed-Ex, and no card to say they tried to deliver, still no keyboard, and no card to say they tried to deliver (although that was only ordered on Tuesday - so not surprising!) and I had to send a child home yesterday after he went to sleep on my lap. He wasn't just asleep though, he was practically unconscious. No reactions to anything. Weird. We'll see if he's in today. Mum said if he woke up should she bring him back, and I said no, it was only swimming in the afternoon, and we don't want a very sleepy child in the swimming pool! The bizarre thing was, for me, that there is nothing in the handling policy for that situation, no protocol to follow when a child is dropping asleep infront of you, whilst he's standing up. So I sat him on my lap whilst I finished teaching the talking bit, and intended to get him a drink and some cool air when I'd done, but within 3 minutes (it was timed this time!) he was asleep! Bless his heart.

We made it to payday though. And that's a good thing. It was a little tight towards the end, with a couple of unexpected events, but it was done. April will be a weird month, May should be ok, and by June we should be in our stride as far as finances go.

I think I'll change the quotes on my email this weekend as well. There's exciting news for you to read Dear Reader!

We still can't mail out from the Outlook account, but so far haven't had an email asking why we haven't responded to the She-Ex mails. Maybe she's chilling out this week! I hope she's having a better week, and a calmer one. She's a lovely person when she's in a good mood.

However, it will all be fine! We shall cope with whatever life throws at us! We have each other, and that's the way it is!

No comments: