Friday, March 20, 2009

Email quotes

Email quotes, that was it!

The thing I had forgotten I intended to blog about.

My email sig used to say this.
Immature love says: 'I love you because I need you.' Mature love says 'I need you because I love you.'
Erich Fromm

"The hardest lesson of all: That people only have their kind of love to give, not our kind." Mignon Mclauglin.

Over the years it has said many things. I think one of my favourites was "The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head." which is a Pratchett quote. And we love Pratchett.

I might put it back to that.

I also loved

"When someone asks, what would Jesus do? remember a valid answer is to get mad and turn over tables." Anon.


The first quote on there at the moment, the one about mature and immature love, struck me with a whoomp! about 5 months ago. For many reasons, I have loved in the first way. Now, I love in the second one. I need him, because I love him. Not because I am afraid to be on my own, not because I am only half a person when I'm not in a relationship, not purely because the AC needs a man around, although all of those things have been said to me by others. R is here, because I love him and he loves me. Because of that, we need each other. He was away for 46.5 hours last weekend. I missed him like fury. Not because I needed him to take the bin out or take me places or whatever, but because I missed *him*.

My quotes change at different times in my life. The truth one was when I, we, were searching for the truth from the Ex's. And then we realised that we all have our own perceptions of the truth, that no doubt they both saw their behaviours as acceptable, because they understood the reasoning behind them, where we didn't and couldn't understand.

The nonviolence quote, about not only refusing to shoot a man, but refusing to hate him, came at a time when I was giving up on the relationship with the She-Ex, in order to set us both free from the pain it was causing us. We're a lot happier without it, although we know a lot less about the BG and get a lot less pictures (6 this year so far I think, though it may be as many as 8) but our hope is that the BG is happier with a lot less stressed and emotionally volatile mother, because every time she spoke to me she ended up upset. Hopefully, as things mature, and the divorce is through, we'll be able to have an adult relationship, which would be in the BG's best interests long term (I'm not going anywhere lol!) but we'll have to see. There's still no sign of the papers, and no mention of them on the phone from the She-Ex.

A new quote needs much thinking of.

Urgh!

Too many typos. Everything is taking ages to correct because I'm so tired.

Bed for me I think!

BUT! R just told me the BG got 10/10 on her spellings. *proud what-ever-I-am moment* He and I are really pleased with her, and I bet her mother is as well! She's a clever girl! YAY!












No comments: