Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Morning world!



What a gorgeous day! The quilt currently looks like this.

Except I've now stitched around the edges and trimmed the extra blanket off from the underneath.

I'm going to get some binding as I don't have quite enough to do the long edges.

I really like it, I've really enjoyed doing it, and I am so glad that I have still had time to clean the kitchen, the dining room and the lounge as well as do all the other stuff that needed doing.

I would love to be a stay at home mother again, even though I love my job and my children at school (I'm even going with one of them to the dentist later because he is so scared!) but if I was home I could do this all the time!


When the small boy was small, I was at home, from what was supposed to be 2 weeks (but was 4 because he strolled out late!) before he was born, to when he was 2.5, when I had to go to teach and he had to go to nursery, or else we'd have had no home!

I loved being at home with him, but now, with him at school, there would be very little point in me giving up work as I have the time off when he does! The only difficulty is inset days, and R usually can cover those, and is a great father to him. They have very silly days together, and I very much doubt I know all that goes on! LOL!

I look at them together, and I see how much they love each other, and I wish that BG could be here for this, to see what a great father she has, that he's not a "monkey in a suit" as her mother says she is determined to paint him to her, that he had a chance to show her what a father should be, and can be. I would love her to share our family life, enjoy going up to the park, going swimming, just baking and reading and loving and loving together.

There's nothing we can do though. The She-Ex has said that BG will never come here, never have any time with me, never go more than an hour from their caravan with us if we ever went there, and so we may not see BG until she is old enough to make up her own mind.

We can wait, because it'll be worth it. BG is so worth it.

Lol. Where did all that come from? I thought I was writing about quilting! Oh well.

I've eaten a couple of oranges for breakfast, so I'll have something else in a while. Toast I think! I need to get a fair few things done this morning, then go into town for 1.30 for my lesson, and then meet L at 3.20 at Boots to go up to the dentist.

I may get chance to post again, but it may not be until lots later, because of the busy time today will be.

but the AC is back at 6pm, and I *cannot* wait! I miss that boy! I will never understand the "I need a break from the kid s/he 's driving me nuts!" mentality. I would love a houseful.

No comments: